Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I could write a sitcom...

I wanted to take a little space here to talk about work because I'm sure it will come up often. There are a few characters here, to say the least.
Let's start with "Talky Pete:" As is usually the case, I can't do anything for more than eight minutes before Talky winds up in my office going on about anything from hunting to his friend who "laid a 2 foot turd in the woods one time." Why does Talky Pete spend all of his time in my office? Because noone else will listen to him. They are missing out on some pretty amusing stuff, I have to admit (turds notwithstanding).
The preacher: Did I mention I work for a Ford dealership? This guy is a preacher/auto salesman. Can you say conflict of interest?
The Bigot: Oh she's my favorite (insert sarcasm here). I have, so far, heard her refer to people as white trash, fags, and "brown people." As you can imagine, it might be a bit difficult to take the word brown and turn it into racist slang, but the Bigot is on the job. She can make it happen in the blink of an eye. Haven't heard much out of her since the meltdown I had last week about her behavior.
My husband works here as well. I thought that might be a bit of a challenge, but so far so good on that front. (yay!).
There are, of course, a few others. Mix in the astounding array of little old farmers and townsfolk who walk in every day and you've got yourself the makings of a pretty good sitcom. Kind of - Green Acres meets.... Okay, kind of - if Green Acres had a Ford dealership.
Am I complaining? Hell no! I have a job and I'm darn thankful for it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my I bet you will have some great blog fodder out of those 3!

    ReplyDelete