Tuesday, August 11, 2009

How Low Can Ya Go?

Well, it's time for another installment of Totally Awkward Tuesday. A subject I fear I will never run out of posts for.

On this day I will concentrate on a totally awkward moment that my friend had. I saw it first hand, I laughed until I cried, I tried not to laugh for a minute and then I laughed some more.

I have had this particular friend since Kindergarten. We'll call her Fro-baby because she is prone to some unfortunate hair goings-on when she wakes up in the mornings. Also funny, but I digress.

Not so very many years ago, when Fro-baby was still a single lady, we would occasionally go out to the bars. This was obviously before the unfortunate series of events that led to my lifelong ban on drinking anything aside from the occasional glass of pinot.
One such night Frobaby, myself and my cousin were all at this little podunk bar where another cousin of mine had his band playing. I'm not going to lie - the combination of kick-ass music and unending pitchers of beer made it impossible NOT to get out on the dancefloor and shake our boo-tays. Dance, drink, dance, drink, drance, dink <---- this shows the progression toward what could possibly be described as drunkenness.

At this point, Frobaby and I were right up in front of the stage amongst a crowd of people dancing when I saw Frobaby start to turn in a circle and shake her booty on down toward the floor. Down she shook it, down she bent, down she... FELL FLAT ON HER ASS RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE IN THE BAR.
I bit my lip to keep from laughing...
I broke out into a smile anyway...
I turned to look at my cousin who was sitting at our table...
I saw that she was literally slumped over in the booth laughing hysterically...
I lost it...

There she was, still on the floor, sort of turtle-on-it's-back-like (generally pretty agile, but let's face it - alcohol tends to erase any traces of agility one might start out with). The look on her face clearly said, "Holy shit! I just fell down! I've got to get up! I can't get up! Help?" And do you think I helped? NO. I was too busy laughing and worrying about the imminent plot of my demise which she was sure to launch next morning.
I will say this, though, where most people would have died of embarrassment, Fro-baby stayed right out there and finished the song.

For more Totally Awkward moments, visit The Secret Life of Tova Darling every Tuesday!

STAY TUNED: TOMORROW IS MY 100TH POST AND IT COMES WITH A GIVEAWAY!!

5 comments:

  1. You go Fro-baby,the heck with the world. It's all about having a good time,which it sounds like everyone did. I'll bet no one except your party even remembers,so as the song says"Dance like nobody's watching". Love your Tuesday's Gerty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! Drunkard moments are always hilariously awkward moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Bob. I cannot believe you put this into print. Next thing ya know you'll be telling them about the "Jeans Episode". Pfft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh come on, Fro! You KNOW you are going to end up in a lot more of these Totally Awkward Tuesday Posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know. I'm slowly coming to terms with it. I mean, you can't know someone for...*too early for effin math*... as long as we've known each, and experienced as much as we have together, to NOT have some awkward moments. LOL

    ReplyDelete