Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It Bearly Happens Here (pun intended)

Here's what it takes to make a bunch of grown people in my neck of the woods act like Jesus has come home:




We were pretty shocked to see this in our driveway. I don't know anyone who has ever seen one in our area before now, but apparently, there are now at least two out there. As exciting as it was, I was really surprised at the reaction in the area: It was like the First Baptist emergency phone tree had been activated! Within a couple of hours everyone knew about it, was talking about it and had it surrounded in this tree taking pictures of it. At one point, it finally gave up and just took a nap up there. Poor bear. I guess as long as it doesn't decide our bottle calves look like tasty little morsels, I'm fine with it.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet and scary,but I love bears. Let me know how this works out in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black bears are vegetarians, dear. So your calves are safe... but not your punkins!!! Bwah ha ha ha ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete