Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's a Man's World??

I was just sitting here the other day thinking that when I hear stories about men making more money just because they're men, I just can't believe it. It just isn't something I can wrap my head around. Until yesterday.
Yesterday was payday here at the dealership and my husband accidentally received Talky Pete's paycheck due to an error in the office. Well guess what? He makes twice what I do. TWICE. AS. MUCH. AS. I. DO.
We have the same job except my division does twice as much business. So, first of all, I do twice as much work. His job consists of financing vehicles only. Mine consists of signing new business customers, financing their inventory and invoicing them when the deal is done. I spend my spare time (blogging time aside of course) learning Spanish. He spends his opening up virus-y emails and then forwarding them to everyone else. After explaining to him that I don't open his emails because there are usually virus warnings attached, he said, "Well, my computer lets me open them." I said, "Yeah, it LETS you after it WARNS YOU NOT TO." I came in the morning after that very conversation and had another email from him. We all blocked his email address.
He is THE supreme mugwhump of all things moronic and HE'S MAKING DOUBLE WHAT I MAKE.
Needless to say, I'm pissed.
The problem here is that the person who accidentally switched the paychecks is my Aunt who I love dearly and I don't want to get her in trouble by going into the boss's office and pointing this out only to have him ask how I know. I don't want to lie, but in this case, I think I'm going to have to say that I overheard the moron in question talking on the phone...blah blah blah... I WANT A RAISE!
I officially call BS...

3 comments:

  1. Just the other day I made the comment that "This is still a man's world",and was quickly told I was "nuts". Thanks for seeing what I see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. During my years on the fire department, I did the payroll, chose the equipment for the firefighters, attended city meetings trying to explain how the firehouse was falling apart due to construction errors, and having to reprimand the men when there was a misdemeanor......my paycheck was 1/10th of those "in charge".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't begin to believe this crap!

    ReplyDelete