Wednesday, April 29, 2009

In the News...

Well, I've officially had 11 inches cut off of my hair. I LOVE it. My head feels so light!! The pile of hair in the floor after cutting the length and thinning and texturing what I have left was quite impressive - maybe a little scary. Hubby is a little sad but says it looks nice. Pea Pie LOVES it which surprised me. And hey, I got through an entire night of sleep last night without myself or hubby rolling over on my hair and waking me up! Good times.

On to the news:
Does anyone else think that on top of the fact that it was thoughtless and cruel, the whole low flying of Airforce One was absolutely unneccesary? You want a picture of that stupid plane with the Statue of Liberty then photoshop it. I was furious and so sad to see hundreds (probably thousands) of New Yorkers running out into the streets, fearing for their lives. Personally, I want to know EXACTLY who was behind this stunt. HEADS SHOULD ROLL!

It's official - one death in the U.S now from the Swine flu. My hairdresser has, in fact, stocked up on canned goods and bottled water - she did the same with the bird flu. I chuckled at her last night and she told me not to be bringing myself over to her house when I need a can of corn because she's not opening the door for ANYBODY... I sincerely hope that they can get a handle on this thing soon, though. From what they are saying, it's really hitting the elderly and small children - typical for the flu.

Then there was this little pearl on the news last night:
WATERFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Tinker Bell has been reunited with her owners after a 70-mph gust of wind picked up the six-pound Chihuahua and tossed her out of sight. Dorothy and Lavern Utley credit a pet psychic for guiding them on Monday to a wooded area nearly a mile from where 8-month-old Tinker Bell had been last seen. The brown long-haired dog was dirty and hungry but otherwise OK.
I am so glad Tinkerbell is okay. Don't you know they never thought they would find her? Am I the only one shocked that Waterford Township Michigan has a pet psychic, though? I have never researched it, but I feel very confident in saying that we don't have a pet psychic in my entire county...

And last but not least - certainly the most shocking: Arlen Specter leaves the Republican party to join the Dems. I am blown away (kinda like Tinkerbell the Chihuahua).

In midst of learning to care for the new bunny, and a new load of bottle calves on top of the regular chores at home, I can honestly say that this is about all the news I'm up to date on right now. Happy Wednesday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it feel great, whacking your hair off? I felt so much freer, and younger, when I did it a few weeks ago!!!!

    ReplyDelete